The challenge runs from January to December. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories:
A reference to time: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by: Mark Haddon
A position of royalty: His Majesty's Dragon by: Naomi Novik
A number written in letters: Ready Player One by: Ernest Cline
A forename or names: The Flight of Gemma Hardy by: Margot Livesey
A type of element or weather: Windhaven by: George R.R. Martin & Lisa Tuttle
- Books can be any format (print, audio, ebook).
- It’s preferred that the books don’t overlap with other challenges, but not a requirement at all.
- Books cannot overlap categories (for instance my first example, Eleven Minutes, could be used for category 1 or 3 but not both).
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
- You don’t have to make your list of books beforehand, you can choose them as you go.
- You don’t have to read your chosen books in any particular order.