Catching Fire

Catching Fire
by: Suzanne Collins


Series: The Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 2

Published: 2009

# of pages: 400



This is the sequel to The Hunger Games. So often I don't enjoy sequels or subsequent books in a series as much as the first book, but this is an exception. I found this book to be just as engrossing as the first!

The story continues to follow Katniss as she returns home from the Hunger Games. Collins does an amazing job with further character development in Catching Fire. Although the first part of this novel is just bringing the reader up to date on Katniss, Gale, Peeta, and the other characters, it's still action packed and keeps you hooked. The story is completely unpredictable and you won't be able to put this book down! And just to warn you... you will be left hanging at the end. I can't wait for the third book to come out!!!! Which I read it will be another year...in fall 2010. :-(

I find the whole concept of these books to be fascinating. Thinking of reality TV ever going so far as it does in this series is chilling. Also, the Capitol strongly reminds me of modern America. The waste, the preoccupation with appearances and material possessions, the lack of concern for other people... These books are not only entertaining, they also make me stop and think about what I take for granted, what entertainment is to me, and how am I like the people from the Capitol that Katniss comes into contact with?

Overall I highly recommend this to all young adults and adults.


Have you reviewed this? Let me know and I'd be happy to post yours as well.
Bloggin' 'bout Books
Framed and Booked

posted under , , , |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, bookworm.
This is a place where you can read book reviews, discover links, and learn about the reading challenges in which I'm taking part.

Library



my read shelf:
Andrea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Annual Goal

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Andrea has read 0 books toward her goal of 60 books.
hide

Recent Comments