2008 Review!

This has been a rough year for me and for awhile I wasn't reading much at all because I had no energy to do so. Now that I'm looking back, I'm surprised to see how much I have accomplished. It makes me feel better to know that I managed to get somewhere in most of my challenges and that I found several new favorite books! I'm looking forward to 2009 and hoping that I will read more than I did this past year and find some great books.

Challenges I participated in:
My Year of Reading Dangerously (finished 8 of 12)
2008 TBR Challenge (finished 8 of 12)
Chunkster Challenge (finished 3 of 4)
The Eponymous Challenge (finished 4 of 4)
Classics Challenge (finished 1 of 5)
My favorites (in the order I read them):The Bonesetter's Daughter by: Amy Tan
The Book Thief by: Markus Zusak
The Glass Castle by: Jeannette Walls
The Host by: Stephenie Meyer
Stardust by: Neil Gaiman
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by: Susanna Clarke
Rebecca by: Daphne du Maurier
# of books I read in 2008:48 (down from 81 in 2007!)

Least favorite:The Human Stain by: Philip Roth
Repeated authors:Stephenie Meyer (3)
Ted Dekker (2)
Gail Carson Levine (2)
Colleen Gleason (2)
Maria V. Snyder (3)
Neil Gaiman (2)
I hope you all have a very happy New Year! Let me know what you think about my list and what challenges you are participating in. I'm still signing up for some and working on my lists so I'm very interested to see what everyone else is doing!

posted under |

4 comments:

Andi said...

Wow, you did a great job on challenges and all! I wish I could say I accomplished as much challenge-wise. I really need to give The Host another try.

Ana S. said...

I've read four of your favourites (The Book Thief and the last three) and I loved those too. Happy New Year!

Ashley said...

Sounds like you've had a good year of reading as well. I keep hearing tons of good things about The Book Theif so I'll have to check that one out. I remember reading your review of Rebecca and being intrigued by your review. I bookmooched that book a few weeks ago and hope to start reading it soon.

Donna said...

At 48 books in 2008 in did better than me! That averages out to one a week which in my books (no pun intended!) is excellent!

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, bookworm.
This is a place where you can read book reviews, discover links, and learn about the reading challenges in which I'm taking part.

Library



my read shelf:
Andrea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Annual Goal

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Andrea has read 0 books toward her goal of 60 books.
hide

Recent Comments