The Host

The Host by: Stephenie Meyer

# of pages: 619

Published: 2008

Quote: "I realized, with some surprise, that I was in a truly bad mood." -Wanderer pg. 349


Wanderer's parasite alien species come to Earth and use humans as their hosts, taking over the entire world. The aliens continue to function as humans, with a few differences. Wanderer is put into Melanie's body. Melanie is one of the few remaining "wild" humans, humans who aren't functioning as hosts for the aliens. Wanderer's and Melanie's lives are changed forever as they struggle to share the same body.

When I first read about the plot I expected this book to be pretty hokey. I thought that there was no way that Meyer could write another book as good as the Twilight books. I was wrong! This book was excellent. It's pretty amazing when an author can write an alien book that readers can really become involved in. I loved the characters and the original plot. Meyer is an amazing author with the ability to write such great books in such a short time.

It took me several chapters to get into this book, but after the first 8 or 9 chapters I was hooked and couldn't put the book down. The adventure, romance, and likeable characters really drew me in and I think everyone else who reads this will feel the same!

posted under , , |

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Saw this book when I was shopping for the Twilight series this week. Thanks for the review! I might not have tried it out (although I do read the occasional SciFi book) but now I think I will! :)

Andrea said...

I typically don't read sci-fi which is why I thought I wouldn't like this book, but I did! I think you will like it too :-)

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, bookworm.
This is a place where you can read book reviews, discover links, and learn about the reading challenges in which I'm taking part.

Library



my read shelf:
Andrea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Annual Goal

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Andrea has read 0 books toward her goal of 60 books.
hide

Recent Comments