Cinder

Cinder


By: Marissa Meyer

Challenge:  Once Upon a Time

Series: Lunar Chronicles

Published: 2012

# of pages: 387

Official description:Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future. 
My opinion:  Loved it!  It's such a unique setting and an awesome re-telling of the story of Cinderella.  I liked the character of Cinder and found her easy to relate to although she is young and a little immature.  I also like how Prince Kai is drawn to her although she never looks "beautiful" in the world's eyes.  Sure, one of the "plot twists" was predictable, but it wasn't annoying and didn't ruin the book for me.  I loved finding some of the objects in the fairy tale version in the novel.  I thought it was very well written!


Why I gave this book 5/5 stars:  Unique setting and way of telling a classic fairy tale, interesting plot and characters, a book I was really drawn into (thought about it during the day and imagined myself in the story).


Other reviews:
Bookfoolery and Babble
It's All About Books
A Girl, Books and Other Things
Royal Reviews
Book Nut


Have you reviewed this? Let me know and I'd be happy to post yours as well.

3 comments:

Andi said...

This one is high atop my wishlist. I started reading it but was headed into a slump and wasn't immediately sucked in. Most definitely need to get back to it. :)

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for this one in my library's hold list! I keep hearing such good things about it. Can't wait to try it!

Lynn said...

I have this waiting to be read and want to read it for this challenge so it's nice to read a favourable review.
Thanks
Lynn :D

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, bookworm.
This is a place where you can read book reviews, discover links, and learn about the reading challenges in which I'm taking part.

Library



my read shelf:
Andrea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Annual Goal

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Andrea has read 0 books toward her goal of 60 books.
hide

Recent Comments