R.I.P. VI Challenge


The purpose of the R.I.P. Challenge is to enjoy books that could be classified as:

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

September 1 - October 31

I will be participating in "Peril the First" - read 4 books, "Peril of the Short Story" - read a short story, and "Peril on the Screen" - watch a movie or TV show.

Books:
The Woman in Black by: Susan Hill
Handling the Undead by: John Ajvide Lindqvist
The Moving Finger by: Agatha Christie
The Lantern by: Deborah Lawrenson

Short Story:
"The Yellow Wallpaper" by: Charlotte Perkins Gilman - I read this in my Gothic Lit class in college. Recently I read a fellow blogger's review and it made me want to go back and read this again.

Movie:
Not sure yet! Suggestions would be nice. I noticed a movie is being made of The Woman in Black, but it won't be out in time for me to watch for this year's challenge. My husband and I always watch a scary movie on Halloween. Past movies include: "Psycho," "The Birds," "The Rear Window," "The Oath" (original), and a collection of Hawthorne stories directed by Hitchcock. We do watch modern suspense movies like "Skeleton Key," "The Burbs," "Disturbia," "The Others," "White Noise," etc. Nothing too graphic.

posted under |

3 comments:

Charlotte C. said...

Have you seen The Haunting (the original with Julie Harris and Claire Bloom)? I always say it's the scariest movie I have ever seen -- based on Shirley Jackson's book The Haunting of Hill House.

Kailana said...

I am looking forward to reading The Lantern!

Andrea said...

Cookie65, I have not seen it! But now I plan too. I didn't know there was an original, I thought there was just the one with Catherine Zeta Jones. I really enjoyed the book though!

Kailana, can't wait to hear what you think! I'm on a waiting list for it at my library, I hope my turn comes before Halloween!

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, bookworm.
This is a place where you can read book reviews, discover links, and learn about the reading challenges in which I'm taking part.

Library



my read shelf:
Andrea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Annual Goal

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Andrea has read 0 books toward her goal of 60 books.
hide

Recent Comments